Is this the year that you fully commit to building a business that lines up perfectly with who you are and what you're meant to do?
This program is for you if any of the following feel true:
- Your current business doesn't quite feel/fit right. Something is amiss and you're not sure what it is. You don't feel fully clear and aligned and excited. You've gotten off track - or you're ready for a change.
- You've gotten caught up in marketing that doesn't feel right. Perhaps you've been working with a coach or program where the advice feels...icky. Or it doesn't fit (you hate technology and you're being advised to create online funnel systems)
- You're trying to decide whether to work 1:1 with people or in groups or to create a course or membership program. Or maybe you want to do ALL of these things and you're feeling overwhelmed and confused.
- You want a business but haven't even started yet because you're trying to sort through the overwhelming options and advice and programs that are available.
You'd love to have a business vision that you're excited about - and a plan that you can stick to.
The clarity you've been looking for is inside YOU - this is what makes a YOU-Shaped business different
A YOU-Shaped business is designed and built from the inside out. It begins by answering questions like:
- What do YOU want?
- Who do YOU want to work with?
- What do YOU want to do and how do YOU want to work?
The focus is personal fulfillment and making a difference first - and "money" second.
Most business and marketing advice comes from the "money first" perspective:
- What will make the most money?
- Who will pay the most?
- What can you sell that is most profitable?
Fulfillment or making a difference come second - or not at all (and sometimes as "window dressing" to justify manipulative sales & marketing practices)
Get crystal clear about what you REALLY want
This is an in-depth deep dive to get the answers you need to create a business you can feel excited about - and a plan that you're wiling to commit to - so that you can begin the new year excited and ready to go.
Session One: finding your internal motivation, creating a decision-making compass and tapping into a business that excites you
YOU-Shaped businesses are mission-driven and deeply rooted in values.
- Articulate your purpose/mission so that
- You have a touchstone to keep you motivated and excited, even when the going feels tough
- You can develop messaging that connects with your ideal clients
- Decide your business values and how to ACT on them so that
- You can make decisions more easily
- You can set policies and boundaries that create a solid container for both you and your future clients
Session Two: creating a vision for what you really want for your business...and your life!
A YOU-Shaped business allows you to create a business that fits your life - rather than the other way around! In this session:
Get a clear picture of what you WANT and decide what is really important to you so that:
- You can focus on the things that matter (and skip the things that don't - hello more free time!)
- You can design your business to allow and support the rest of your life
Get a realistic picture of how much time you have and how much money you need/want to make so that
- You can create a schedule that balances work and life
- You can set prices and sales goals that fit into your calendar and capacity while delivering the revenue you need to provide for the life you really want
Session Three: developing a personal brand based on your personality and business orientation
In a YOU-Shaped business - YOU are what sets you apart from your "competitors" and makes you unique - and we often overlook some of our strongest assets because they are second-nature to us (yet highly valuable to our clients!)
Inventory your strengths and superpowers so that:
- You can develop offers and services that feel fun and easy to YOU but are highly valuable to your clients
- You can choose a marketing strategy that fits your personality and style
- You can identify personality traits that can help you distinguish your personal brand
Plot your orientation on the YOU-Shaped business map. Determine which of the 6 distinct "positions" fits you best so that:
- You can choose a business model that fits you best - and you can easily reject options that don't (hello easy decisions and the ability to say a clear and easy "no" to shiny objects)
- You can market in a way that feels easy and natural - marketing that you'll actually WANT to do (and might not even feel like "marketing" at all!)
Session Four: deciding what to sell, what to charge and how many clients you need to reach your goals
Your "business model" is how you make money. There are lots of options - but once you know your mission, what you want from life and what your strengths and orientation are - the decisions become much easier!
Evaluate a range of business model options and choose the right one for YOU so that
- You can commit to a choice that feels right and is most likely to provide the fulfillment you're looking for
- You can more easily identify your future clients and referral partners
Crunch the numbers so that:
- You know exactly how many clients/sales you'll need to reach your revenue goals
- You can find the "just right price" to charge - one that feels not too high or too low
Session Five: developing an ethical marketing system that aligns with your mission
To do your good work in the world, you need a marketing system that attracts your future clients and provides the information they need to buy from you.
A LOT (most?) sales and marketing advice is borderline (or outright) dishonest, pushy, annoying and dehumanizing.
Our approach turns marketing into education and inspiration - and sales into connecting. (And we mean this for real - we're not just changing terminology - we're changing approach and intention.)
Learn a 3-part ethical sales and marketing structure and fill in the blanks to create a YOU-Shaped marketing plan so that:
- Your "marketing" becomes part of your mission - helpful, educational and uplifting
- You can choose marketing tactics that fit your personality and preferences (we offer "permission slips" galore to get you out of doing stuff you don't want to do!)
Leave with clarity and a YOU-Shaped plan you can actually follow
During this program, you'll create a customized set of documents that you can refer to over and over again to keep you on track and moving forward. Goodbye overwhelm and confusion - hello clarity and space!
What makes this program different from other planning programs is that you'll create a plan that is YOU-Shaped - instead of trying to squeeze into a one-size-fits-all cookie cutter.
- Consider your time and capacity holistically - including the rest of your life, not just your business
- Create a document or system with the right level/balance of big picture and details for YOU
- Unleash your creativity and make a plan that LOOKS right to YOU (we'll share examples you can copy or build on)
- Respect your working rhythms and make a plan that fits YOU instead of trying to cram yourself (yet again) into someone else's system
Your YOU-Shaped plan includes:
Use your compass to make decisions, evaluate opportunities and seek out the right communities and partners.
- A clearly articulated business mission that you can post on your website (or use in other marketing materials)
- A list of your business values - what they mean to you - and how you will act on them
- A personal and business vision: a written and/or visual reminder of the life and business you're building
Daily/weekly YOU-Shaped schedule (that you can actually follow)
Create a calendar that fits your life, your business and your personal work rhythm (it's different for everyone!)
Business model with goals and numbers
A document that lists what you're selling, for how much and how many you need to sell - along with a spreadsheet to track your progress
Marketing strategy and plan
Your strategy is the big picture overview of how the pieces fit together (you'll have an actual *big picture* for this part!)
The plan covers:
- What projects you need to complete to make sure all the pieces are in place
- What practices you need to do on a regular basis (nicely slotted into your calendar!)
Meet your facilitators: Patty and Georgee
We work together to support our clients from two different sides.
Georgee "hearts and flowers" Low focuses on the human side of success - bringing tools and techniques for initiating and building heart-centered relationships with clients and partners - and using her NLP magic to help people break through personal barriers like fear, unworthiness and limiting beliefs
Patty "boxes and arrows" K focuses on the words and strategy side of business - bringing a systems analyst perspective to marketing plans and strategies and her copywriting/messaging superpower to finding the right words to explain what you do so that potential clients GET it (and buy it!)