The YOU-Shaped Business Course
10 module companion course to the book
Goals & Numbers
Determine what you need to charge and how many clients you'll need to meet your financial goals. Includes a groovy spreadsheet to help with the math!
Simon Sinek “Start with Why” TED talk:
Sally Hogshead’s Fascinate quiz:
Gretchen Rubin’s 4 Tendencies quiz:
16 Personalities quiz:
Module 1: YOU and your personal brand
A YOU-Shaped business is built around YOU. In this class, you'll explore key questions about what you want to do and how you want to perform your work. We'll also cover:
- How to identify your strengths
- What to include on your profile, bio or About page
- How to use your personal brand to stand apart from others who similar work
Module 2: Your Clients
Knowing who is most likely to buy from you makes marketing your services a LOT easier. Your ideal client profile makes it easier for you to find clients, evaluate opportunities and speak in a way that captures their attention and draws them toward you.
- Why you need an Ideal Client Profile
- How to create an Ideal Client Profile
- Where to find Ideal Clients
Module 3: Your Services
Strong marketing begins with packaging. Create a service package based on your clients' needs and put it into a box labeled "The Answer to your Problem" - making it irresistible to your ideal clients.
- How to create Service Packages (3 different ways)
- What to include in your service packages
- How to set the right price for your package
Module 4: Your Marketing System
People love to buy...but they hate to be sold. When you create a marketing system based on how people buy, you can position yourself as a trusted advisor instead of a pushy sales person.
- AIDA: the 4 stage process people go through while making a purchase decision
- KLT: The power of Know, Like and Trust
- The 3 step system to attract strangers who need your services and turn them into happy paying clients
Module 5: Sales Pages
Your sales page is document, webpage, video or presentation that describes your services in a way that attracts and informs potential clients.
- How to apply AIDA to your sales page
- How to turn your features (attributes of your service) into benefits (what you clients get out of it)
- How to eliminate the FUD (fear, uncertainty and doubt) that stands in the way of the purchase
Module 6: Awareness
The first stage of your marketing system is Awareness. No one can purchase from you until they know you exist! This stage is typically what we think of when we think about "marketing"
- How to introduce yourself talk about your business
- Prospecting and networking
- Events, Direct Outreach, Advertising
Module 7: KLT Experiences
Your goal in the middle stage of your marketing system is to show your potential clients how you can help them and build know like and trust. In this module, you'll learn how to do that by creating interactive KLT Experiences.
- How to create group and 1:1 KLT Experiences
- How to structure a workshop, webinar, presentation or 1:1 conversation
- How to promote your event or session
Module 8: Sales Conversations
They’re Interested and they Desire what you have to offer, now they’re ready to buy. The final step in your system is to enable the purchase.
- How to handle nervousness
- How to structure your sales conversation
- How, when and if to "ask for the sale"
Module 9: Your Website
Your website gives your business credibility. It makes your business “real” and it’s the first place people will go when they are seriously interested in your business. A good website is also a powerful sales and marketing tool.
- Where your website fits into your marketing plan
- How to structure your navigation and content
- What pages to include and what to write on them
Module 10: Content Marketing
Content marketing includes blogging, creating videos and podcasts. It's a great way to build know, like and trust and to nurture your potential clients by staying in front of them with valuable information.
- Your mailing list and newsletter
- How to come up with good ideas for content
- How to plan your content and stay consistent
Create a big picture marketing plan, break it into pieces and put it on your calendar!
When you record your results, you have better data for making decisions. Includes another groovy spreadsheet for tracking and math!